Wednesday 29 September 2010

She's up in the sky and the sky is on fire.

Time flies by these days.

I paid a little trip to Oxford to see a certain band I love love love.



I struck gold - the room was a sniff larger than Joiners, Anthony was on fire, and there was lots of Juturna. You can't beat dancing in a room full of complete strangers to noise that gives you shivers. No shark t-shirt, but Anthony's hair had grown enough since last time to cover up his tattoo, and Steve was still holding his breath. Sooo good.

Talking of music - I'm loving the work of Dave Ma more and more these days. Really inspires me to do some filming myself. Always wanted to get involved in Super 8, so maybe I actually should.
Listening to Foals (although I don't know why Yannis has decided to sing all funnily), and L'amour la morgue.

I sliced my hand nicely, with a knife at work - whilst splitting Bergenias of all things. I've been wearing marigolds to do everything, ha ha - you can't be too cautious when your career requires all 10 digits. All my cuttings in the greenhouse are doing fabulously - and I'm growing all my own winter bedding, eek!
And the most stunning combination which I came across, by accident, is Lobelia Queen Victoria and Escallonia Gold Ellen. Wow.

I went to see my friend, and his portfolio from his Garden Design course. I'm thinking of doing something more with horticulture, so went to get some ideas. His drawings were fantastic - I loved all his techniques to create the most informative yet attractive design work. As well as his excitement about his special coloured pencils - which only other pencil-lovers like me can understand!

We've been working on finishing my website. Nearly there (although Andy is occupying the space for my lightboxes, he he)...

Just need to get my hands on some LEDs!
Working with one of my old projects, 'Artist's Block' reminded me that I need to find somewhere that I can regularly snap up the Stool Pigeon. Ticks my typo box a goodun.

I practised my DiY skills - and made a, er... 'contraption' so that I can silkscreen print at home. The clamps work so well. Fingers crossed I'll be getting a license confirmed this week to produce a certain piece of artwork, so I'm super excited and being super prepared!

I've been up a ladder, picking apples. If you knew how much I loved being 4 metres up in the sky, with the dappled morning light on my face, you'd understand why the thought of returning to London any time soon fills me with dread.
The top branches have huuuge apples - you only need 3 to make a pie, he he.

More fish and chips on the beach - but this time, with mushy peas. I think I need to invest in some metal fish and chip forks.

I watched 'Nowhere Boy' - the film about John Lennon. Kristin Scott Thomas looks amazing in it, effortlessly glam! Loved it.
And of course, it's good to have Chuck Bass back in my life. Oh hello:

I've been working on my granny status - with decoupage, sewing, floristry, the rose on my window sill, crocus bulbs, culinary delights and new teacups.
Although I am the sweetest granny around with my NARS cheeks, stick of rock dress and VOGUE pipping out my bag.

No comments: